Day 1 : Pick up from Kolkata & transfer to house boat
Welcome to the most amazing tour of the natural world you have ever taken in this part of the globe. It’s the beginning of getting “Far from the Madding Crowd”. Your pickup will be from Kolkata West Bengal, which arrives at your location at around 1:55 PM in the form of an AC vehicle.
- Your road journey begins; initially you will be travelling through different lanes, alleys and roads of the city to get on the highway. While travelling through the highway you will realize that slowly & steadily you are leaving the hustling bustling metropolis of Kolkata behind and entering the suburban areas near Kolkata.
- Travelling further you will observe that suddenly you are out of the urban jungle into an open area, surrounded by greenery as far as your eyes can see. Slowly you will realize that the stress on your eyes has reduced with this soothing and comforting view of the green rural Bengal.
- Further down the road amid this vast greenery, you can see the magnificent mud houses of rural Bengal dotting the landscape.
- You will reach Godkhali Jetty between 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM, where you will board your Houseboat and refreshing Welcome Drinks will be served to you. You can enjoy the heavenly view of the Sunset in water from your Houseboat.
- Your Houseboat will leave the jetty for Sajnekhali around - 5:55 PM.
- En-route to Sajnekhali, you will be served Evening Snacks.
- Enjoy almost two hours of Night cruise and experience for the first time the night sights and the enchanting sounds of Sundarban (Outside the forest area- Introduced for the first time).
- You will reach Sajnekhali between 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM.
- You may visit Pakhiralaya (Optional) between 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM, where you can do some shopping in the small island market and make different purchases of souvenirs, pure Mangrove honey, local fish and more.
- Thereafter your houseboat will cruise to the Anchor Point near Pakhiralaya / Sajnekhali and anchor for the night. Here you can enjoy the late evening with a cup of tea / coffee watch Sundarban’s documentaries or exclusive Tribal Dance performances by the locals (which is chargeable) between 7:45 PM - 9:30 PM
- Your dinner will be served between 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM. After you finish your dinner it is time for you to rewind and relax. The enchanting sound of water, forest, it’s beauty and power around you, will make your sleep epic, exciting and peaceful.